Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finding My Drive

  Inspiration can be found anywhere. I, for the most part, am a very positive person. I do have moments when I get down, but try not to stay there. It doesn't help anything, in fact it makes things worst. This whole working out and doing something for myself change in my life started because I was in a funk.

 I'm doing really well about keeping with my treadmill workout. I can't say that I do it everyday, but most. I've increased my speed and time that I'm on it. It makes me feel good, gets the blood flowing after sitting all day and clears my mind. I also have the most amazing support group.My best friend Rick is by far my biggest cheerleader. Lew, Tori, Ann, Kristi, Tammy, and Larry are great about telling me how well I'm doing and how proud they are of me. I know it's silly but I like having people to back me up.

 I have yet to see a difference on the scales or in how my clothes fit, nor has anyone said, "Are you losing weight?" As Tori pointed out though, I haven't been around anyone who hasn't seen me in awhile.

 As I've said in a previous post, I give myself pep talks while I jog. I also think about those who love me and want to see me happy & healthy. I have a facebook friend who is always posting inspiring quotes that I draw strength from. Then, the other day while I was stretching, I got a Twitter update from the Colts punter, Pat McAfee, that said, "The little things that you aren't willing to do to be great, somewhere, someone else is."  This made me work that much harder.

 What inspires you? What are you willing to do to be great?

No comments:

Post a Comment