Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ooops !

   One week, that's what I took off, one week. Who knew ?  I never felt like I was breaking my habit or giving up. It was last week, the week of Christmas and I was busy. I worked out on Tuesday, December 20th. Then for this, that, or the other reason, I missed the rest of the week. I thought about it and knew I should but just didn't take/make the time to do it.


  Well guess what? I paid for it, two fold. First, yesterday, when I did get back at it, I was sluggish and not up to par. It felt like I was weighted down, oh yeah, I was (more on that in a bit). Second, was today when Kara, the nurse, came to work for our weekly weigh ins. I knew I had gained. I could tell in my clothes and how I felt. I gained two pounds. In a week ! Seven days! Two pounds ! Why is it so hard to lose and so easy to find?

 So I said I would tell you about being weighted down. Rick gave me wrist weights and music for Christmas. The weights are great, small three pound weights that slip on your wrist. I can feel the difference in my arms after using them. He also took a bunch of his rockin, up tempo tunes and put them on my IPOD. Now I can run without hitting a bunch of slow songs, which is what most of my stuff is. It's fine for chilling or listening to while mowing the grass and things like that, but I just can't work up a good pace to Jack Johnson.

 So I have vowed that I will never take a whole week off again. That was crazy and foolish. I'm back into it and feeling good. I don't think it was a total wash, I was reminded of a few tips I already knew.

  • Weight comes on a lot faster than it goes off
  • If you start something you need to stay with it
  • Changing up or adding something new to your workout is a good thing. 
 So how do you find your way back after taking a break.?
   Jump in full force or ease back into it?
     Either way, keep at it.



 

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Please don't beat yourself up for not doing as much as you usually do. It's easy to gain weight due to water. As women we can gain a little water weight due to hormones. And I suspect that was what happened. Gaining so quickly it was probably water. And if you lost it fairly quickly I really believe that was probably what it was. Please if you need someone to talk to about it. Or just need to talk I am and have always been there for you. I still remember the day that you found out that your were pregnant with Tori. I will never forget. I love you... Hang in there sis..

    ReplyDelete